nothing smells more like christmas than homemade sugar cookies baking in the oven. grab all your christmas cookie cutters and grab all the ingredients listed below.
ps. don’t forget to leave some out for santa.
enjoy :). XOXO
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup granulated sugar for rolling cookies
- preheat oven to 350º F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or a nonstick baking mat.
- cream together butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. add egg and mix until well-combined.
- stir in flour, baking powder, salt, and vanilla.
- scoop cookie dough by the tablespoon full and roll into a ball.
- add granulated sugar to a large bowl for rolling cookie dough in before baking. place each ball of cookie dough into the bowl of granulated sugar and roll to coat well. place cookie dough onto baking sheet, spacing about 1½-inches to 2 inches apart. bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
frosting (add food coloring)
- 1/2 stick butter, room temperature
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2-3 Tb milk
- food coloring